Happy #WeddingWednesday! We’re proud to call our hotel one of the most popular wedding venues in HRM. There’s a reason so many engaged couples book with us, are consistently happy with their big day, and love working with our wedding specialist Kristy Power. Aside from her fantastic personality, attention to detail, and years of experience in the field, there comes a certain “leave your stress at the door” approach to booking your wedding at a full-service hotel. I asked Kristy, in her opinion, what some of theses advantages are as well as her tips for couples planning their weddings.
Q: What do you think the advantages are for booking your wedding with a professional catering manager or wedding planner?
As Catering Manager I have overseen and co-ordinated over 350 weddings. The hotel provides my services complimentary to the couples, and I am happy to guide my clients every step of the way. My resources and experience are an added value when hosting your wedding here at Atlantica.
Q: What are some of the conveniences of having your wedding in a hotel?Â
You have every convenience when booking with a hotel. It is truly a one stop shop, as we handle and cater to your every need. You just need to show up and enjoy your day! Several highlights, to name a few:
- On site ceremonies for little cost. Â It’s extremely convenient when you have the ceremony and reception in the same place, so guests don’t have to travel from place to place.
- Complimentary items. You get a free honeymoon guest room for the night, and special rates for your wedding guests who have the luxury of â€œtaking the elevator homeâ€Â at the end of the evening.
- Complimentary cake cutting, centerpieces and other dÃ©cor items.
- Equipment provided.Â All equipment needed for the reception such as tables, linen, chairs, silverware, centerpieces and the dance floor are provided by the hotel. There is no need to buy or rent any of the items.
- Experience. Â Atlantica hosts a lot of weddings so we are happy to extend our experience and expertise on to you! We are able to accommodate a variety of requests to make your wedding unique and special. Because we do so many weddings, we are vendor experts and can assist to ensure you have the best of the best of everything. We can suggest photographers, DJs, bands or a florist.
Q: What would be your biggest piece of advice to couples planning their weddings?Â
Make lists and timelines to ensure you stay on track and donâ€™t get overwhelmed. Delegate what you can to friends and family. It should be fun! The day is all about the two of you so enjoy the process together.
4. What is your favourite part about helping couples plan their weddings?
I love being part of such a special day for the couples. I enjoy being a part of the journey and seeing it all their ideas come to fruition.
5. What makes Atlantica Halifax a great wedding venue, if you had to pick one aspect?
Service, service, service!Â One call and we can begin creating the atmosphere and banquet of your dreams. We are here to take care of all the details so you can relax and enjoy this moment. We strive to make your day everything you have dreamed of.
Booking your big day? Reach out to Kristy at email@example.com
Browse our Pinterest page for weddings hosted at Atlantica Hotel Halifax, Atlantica & Marina Oak Island as well as The Waegwoltic Club (where we are exclusive caterer). Also check out our Facebook photo album.