We would love to extend another huge congratulations to our executive chef Luis Clavel. While Luis has won numerous competitions and accolades already during his career, he continues to devote himself to the culinary arts and competition scene as a member of both Culinary Team Canada and Culinary Team Nova Scotia.
Recently, Luis and the rest of Team Nova Scotia competed in the Eastern Regional Conference Â in Newfoundland and won the title of Senior Culinary Champions 2014. Here is the roster:
- Luis Clavel, Atlantica Hotel Halifax (Manager/Competition Captain)
- Peter Dewar, NSCC Kingstech Campus ( Pastry Chef)
- Brenan Madill, Â Atlantica Hotel Halifax ( Competition manager)
- Sean Kettley, NSCC Akerley (Core member)
- Ricardo Clavel, Atlantica Hotel Halifax (Junior Chef)
In other great culinary news, another member of our team, John Saulnier, took home a great award at the Nova Scotia Association of Chefs and Cooks awards just the other night — Junior Chef of the Year!
Congratulations to everyone!